ispCP - Board - Support
authdaemonrc.system missing - Printable Version

+- ispCP - Board - Support (http://www.isp-control.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ispCP Omega Support Area (/forum-30.html)
+--- Forum: System Setup & Installation (/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: authdaemonrc.system missing (/thread-9179.html)

authdaemonrc.system missing - skeeter - 01-13-2010 02:57 AM

during the install of ispCP 1.0.3-1 on BSD 7.2, I get the following...

ERROR: File '/usr/local/etc/ispcp/courier/backup/authdaemonrc.system' does not exist !
sebby# postmap: fatal: open /usr/local/etc/postfix/ispcp/{aliases,domains,mailboxes,transport,sender-access}: No such file or directory

I found a thread on this already, but I am not sure of what the solution was. I did a find for authdaemonrc.system on the HD with no luck. I poked around for an answer on the board, and did not find one. So I thought I would ask again.

Where and how is this file created? Can I recreate it?? Do I need to do a "make install" again and look for an error?

Thanks in advance!

Skeeter-

RE: authdaemonrc.system missing - sebby - 01-23-2010 08:06 AM

I don`t remember exactly but i think what you pasted is from a post of mine, and i think courier is not corectly installed or its module, give me more informations and maybe i could help.
EDIT:(If you can`t find any solutions try to create an empty file with that name in path ..as i remember that is what i did)

RE: authdaemonrc.system missing - skeeter - 01-29-2010 09:20 AM

(01-23-2010 08:06 AM)sebby Wrote:  I don`t remember exactly but i think what you pasted is from a post of mine, and i think courier is not corectly installed or its module, give me more informations and maybe i could help.
EDIT:(If you can`t find any solutions try to create an empty file with that name in path ..as i remember that is what i did)

I "Thank You" for your reply... and yes, Putty would not let me cut and paste so I borrowed the error from your post.

Sorry it tokk me so long to get back... I installed as per the instructions with the exception of having downloaded the .gz already.

I cd to /usr/local/etc/ispcp/ and I do not see /courier... I did not see any error while installing courier-imap and courier-authlib and tried to install them again.

I do not know all that I would like to know about linux... therefore I have no idea what half of this stuff is -- like courier. Is the missing /courier directory a result of a install failure or simply a mistake somewhere in the setup perl? I can easily create the appropriate directories and files.

Thanks!!

Skeeter-

Update: Looks like everything is now foobar'd. Will have to fdisk and start over. Has anyone installed this on FreeBSD 7.2 that can help pilot me through the pitfalls??