Current time: 05-18-2024, 06:18 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Split Customer Record / Domain
pgentoo Offline
Dev Team

RE: Split Customer Record / Domain
sci2tech, have you actually started work on this, or just thought about what needs to be done? Do you have ideas on what needs to be done here?

I looked into this before and here is what i came up with... Currently there is already an 'admin' table broken out (users) that is used for auth, etc. Right now there is a 1:1 for this table and 'domain', this seems pointless in my opinion. And then the set of domain/subdomain alias tables... Sad

What I would really like to see done is as follows:

1. During account creation, add a "username" parameter that will go into the 'admin' table intead of the base domain name.
2. Remove the concept of a "base domain", but maybe take in the optional information to add a domain during system setup (woudln't even be necessary though, could be added after account setup).
3. change the system to remove domain_aliases from the mix, and just allow creation of multiple domains. Maybe since domain aliases code already supports multiple, it would be easier to get rid of existing domain handling and move "domain aliases" to just be "domains"?
4. Domains would be created under a path like /var/www/virtual/{USERNAME}/{DOMAIN_NAME}/... , therfore giving equal treatment for all domains, whether they are the first added or the n'th...
5. Change all assumptions in the system about the location of a domain to be to the standard /var/www/virtual/{USERNAME}/{DOMAIN_NAME}/ (probably a ton of these? Sad)

Any other key things that need to be done?

Any peices in perticular that i could help out with on this? I'm not good at perl, but could definately do the php side of things...

-
pGentoo
03-08-2009 09:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Split Customer Record / Domain - fosstux - 03-04-2009, 02:06 AM
RE: Split Customer Record / Domain - momo - 03-07-2009, 01:47 PM
RE: Split Customer Record / Domain - momo - 03-08-2009, 08:32 AM
RE: Split Customer Record / Domain - pgentoo - 03-08-2009 09:16 AM
RE: Split Customer Record / Domain - momo - 03-09-2009, 01:18 AM