Current time: 05-03-2024, 10:46 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Entering ispcp Development: Where to start
Mastacheata Offline

Entering ispcp Development: Where to start
I'd like to invest some of my spare time helping with development of ispcp.
I've already read some of the open tickets in trac and caught a glimpse at the source code from the trunk.

I haven't yet worked on any opensource project at all, but read here that you'd appreciate it if interested people send in patches for certain bugs/problems/features.
That means one could start working on standalone problems and don't need to know how one bug fits into the project as a whole.

So now I'm here willing to help where I can but don't know where to start.
Would someone be so kind and shoot me a hint on where to start or just a rough outline how to find out myself.

What kind of bugs are good to get into the project (more the frontend things or should I better start off getting deep into the backend, the daemon or things like that)?

Does every main developer have a certain part of the project they specialized on and work themselves through or do you all do everything?
How do free developers like myself fit in there?

These Questions are thought to give you an idea of what I'd like to know and the answers will help me getting started.
You don't need to answer them if you think you can give me better advice otherwise.

Thank you in advance for devoting your precious time for my silly questions
12-05-2009 03:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Entering ispcp Development: Where to start - Mastacheata - 12-05-2009 03:19 AM