Current time: 05-26-2024, 03:20 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Newbie Q: Is ispCP Omega the right tool for me?
motokochan Offline

RE: Newbie Q: Is ispCP Omega the right tool for me?
To be honest, with only two sites any control panel is overkill in my opinion. However, I'm quite experienced with manual administration.

ispCP Omega can handle all the items you mentioned that you want to do, so it should work fine for your needs. The only two major things missing in my opinion, are support for SSL-enabled sites (this is planned for the 1.1.0 release) and crontab editing. If you don't know what either are, or know and don't use them, you should be fine.

Since you are unfamiliar with Linux administration, you might want to ask a trusted friend that has a greater comfort level to install this for you. It's fairly straightforward, but there are many little "gotchas" in the process that might be problematic for your experience level. If you don't know someone, you're welcome to try the install yourself and ask questions on this site.
12-15-2009 01:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newbie Q: Is ispCP Omega the right tool for me? - motokochan - 12-15-2009 01:40 PM