Current time: 05-19-2024, 02:39 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Newbie Q: Is ispCP Omega the right tool for me?
pete Offline

RE: Newbie Q: Is ispCP Omega the right tool for me?
I like your 'however' in the first paragraph. Since I'm the exact opposite, ispCP might be a good tool for me Smile.

Anyway, against your probably very wise judgement (thank you), I went ahead and installed icpCP. To my surprise, a screen poped up in the end so I must have gotten the odd thing right right.

Still, I have a few issues:

- When I log-on to WebMail with the e-mail address of a user from one of the resellers i setup (gosh, took me a while to figure out that a reseller is a domain), i can get access and all that but I can't send an e-mail. I get a "Server replied: 111 Can't open SMTP stream" error. What the heck?

- When I use phpadmin, it tells me that I can't create an SQL database. MySQL is running and I can use the MySQL interpreter and see that, for example ispCP has no problem writing to it, so I must have been missing something.

- I haven't got a clue where to find the "master records" my registrar wants so before they get their DNS to point to that new server. Master what?

- of course, I'd love to test my http, pop3 and ftp services for the domains I configured before I change my registrars DNS. Can this be done?

- I didn't understand at all what was ment by:
Code:
Next you are asked to enter a "fully qualified hostname" (FQHN).
        For more infos read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FQDN.
so I entered a silly name followed by one of the domains I want to host. Does it matter?

- Less critical but still of interest to me: spam filter for e-mail and making sure that the SMTP server works and is secure (doesn't relay mail).

Other than that, I think this is an awesome tool!
12-15-2009 06:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Newbie Q: Is ispCP Omega the right tool for me? - pete - 12-15-2009 06:38 PM