Current time: 04-30-2024, 08:04 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Moving accounts to Latest updated server
pstanbra Offline

Moving accounts to Latest updated server
Hi - I am having a problem with my server and cannot install GD libraries due to some dependencies. Currently using ispsp 1.05

I have seen a lot of issues regarding ispcp not working well after upgrading due to things breaking so - I want to do the following.

Download and install the latest version of ubuntu server.
Install the latest version of PHP.
Move accounts from old server to new server.

Is this possible?
If so how...

And in terms of downloading latest ubuntu and php - is this the right thing to do - or is there a specific version of both that is recommended...
04-20-2011 07:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pstanbra Offline

RE: Moving accounts to Latest updated server
anyone?
04-22-2011 09:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: Moving accounts to Latest updated server
About moving accounts from one system to another, you can either do it manually or try the backup exporter/importer created by tomdooley (read the whole thread first!).

About installing the lastest ubuntu, the ubuntu installation guide clearly states that ONLY the last two LTS UBUNTU VERSIONS ARE SUPPORTED SINCE 1.0.7, that means that the lastest version you can install is 10.04. Anyway, I can't emphasize enough that debian is the most thoroughly tested distribution, so you should stick with it if you want the smoothest experience with ispcp.
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2011 03:51 PM by kilburn.)
04-29-2011 03:50 PM