Current time: 05-16-2024, 06:50 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[SOLVED]Not sure if its Omega related, PHP5 issue & Drupal
robmorin Offline

[SOLVED]Not sure if its Omega related, PHP5 issue & Drupal
Hello all....

Not sure if this has to do with any Omega stuff, but i wanted to post it in case anyone had a similar problem...

After a PHP5 update last night on my Debian, it broke any Drupal 6.2 running on PHP5. It was fixed by changing this line in settings.php as per a nice guy on IRC that suggested it

changed
$db_url = 'mysqli://drupal:password@localhost/drupal';

to

$db_url = 'mysql://drupal:password@localhost/drupal';

and restarted apache.....

this only affected php5 clients.....

The error or problem is on a Drupal 6.2 running with PHP5 i simply got a blank page(white) after about a 60 second time out. When i simply switched from php5 to php4 i got this error....

--------------------------------------
Site off-line

The site is currently not available due to technical problems. Please try again later. Thank you for your understanding.

If you are the maintainer of this site, please check your database settings in the settings.php file and ensure that your hosting provider's database server is running. For more help, see the handbook, or contact your hosting provider.

The mysqli error was: Unable to use the MySQLi database because the MySQLi extension for PHP is not installed. Check your <code>php.ini</code> to see how you can enable it..

---------------------------------------------------

my system setup is as follows..
Debian Etch
Drupal version 6.2x
PHP4 V 4.4.4
PHP5 V 5.2.0

Anyone else have this happen??
Any suggestions?

Thanks to all and have a great day!

Rob...
Montreal, Canada
(This post was last modified: 05-14-2008 02:59 AM by robmorin.)
05-13-2008 11:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
robmorin Offline

RE: Not sure if its Omega related, PHP5 issue & Drupal
After further investigation it seems to be any site that has their php4-fcgi-starter configured as below does not work since the update last night ...

#!/bin/sh
# Kill all old process
ps ax -F | awk '{ if ( $3 == "1" && $1 == "vu2026" && $12 == "/usr/bin/php5-cgi" ) { print "kill " $2 } }' | sh
umask 022
PHPRC="/var/www/fcgi/domain.ca/php4/"
export PHPRC
#PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN=6
#export PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN
#PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS=500
#export PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS
exec /usr/bin/php5-cgi

any ideas?
I converted all the sites using the above back to the norm as seen below....

#!/bin/sh

# Kill all old process
#ps ax -F | awk '{ if ( $3 == "1" && $1 == "vu2026" && $12 == "/usr/bin/php5-cgi" ) { print "kill " $2 } }' | sh
umask 022
export PHPRC
PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN=6
export PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN
PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS=500
export PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS
exec /usr/bin/php4-cgi

I cannot be the only one having this issue? Sniff, Sniff....
Sad

robmorin Wrote:Hello all....

Not sure if this has to do with any Omega stuff, but i wanted to post it in case anyone had a similar problem...

After a PHP5 update last night on my Debian, it broke any Drupal 6.2 running on PHP5. It was fixed by changing this line in settings.php as per a nice guy on IRC that suggested it

changed

to

The error or problem is on a Drupal 6.2 running with PHP5 i simply got a blank page(white) after about a 60 second time out. When i simply switched from php5 to php4 i got this error....

Site off-line

The site is currently not available due to technical problems. Please try again later. Thank you for your understanding.

If you are the maintainer of this site, please check your database settings in the settings.php file and ensure that your hosting provider's database server is running. For more help, see the handbook, or contact your hosting provider.

The mysqli error was: Unable to use the MySQLi database because the MySQLi extension for PHP is not installed. Check your <code>php.ini</code> to see how you can enable it..

Debian Etch
Drupal version 6.2x
PHP4 V 4.4.4
PHP5 V 5.2.0

Any suggestions?

Rob...
Montreal, Canada
05-14-2008 02:01 AM
robmorin Offline

forgot to mention that i see this in the error.log file

[Tue May 13 12:03:08 2008] [warn] FastCGI: (dynamic) server "/var/www/fcgi/domain.com/php4-fcgi-starter" has failed to remain running for 30 seconds given 3 attempts, its restart interval has been backed off to 600 seconds

only when php5 is used...

hope this helps..
robmorin Wrote:After further investigation it seems to be any site that has their php4-fcgi-starter configured as below does not work since the update last night ...

#!/bin/sh
# Kill all old process
ps ax -F | awk '{ if ( $3 == "1" && $1 == "vu2026" && $12 == "/usr/bin/php5-cgi" ) { print "kill " $2 } }' | sh
umask 022
export PHPRC
#PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN=6
exec /usr/bin/php5-cgi

any ideas?

#!/bin/sh

# Kill all old process
#ps ax -F | awk '{ if ( $3 == "1" && $1 == "vu2026" && $12 == "/usr/bin/php5-cgi" ) { print "kill " $2 } }' | sh
umask 022
export PHPRC
PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN=6
export PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN
exec /usr/bin/php4-cgi

Sad

changed

to

Site off-line

Debian Etch
Drupal version 6.2x
PHP4 V 4.4.4
PHP5 V 5.2.0

Any suggestions?

Rob...
Montreal, Canada
05-14-2008 02:07 AM
robmorin Offline

It was the darn eAccelerator, i had to recompile after the php4 & php5 upgrade...

I hope this helps someone i the future!

Have a good one all!

robmorin Wrote:forgot to mention that i see this in the error.log file

[Tue May 13 12:03:08 2008] [warn] FastCGI: (dynamic) server "/var/www/fcgi/domain.com/php4-fcgi-starter" has failed to remain running for 30 seconds given 3 attempts, its restart interval has been backed off to 600 seconds

only when php5 is used...

hope this helps..
robmorin Wrote:After further investigation it seems to be any site that has their php4-fcgi-starter configured as below does not work since the update last night ...

#!/bin/sh
# Kill all old process
umask 022
export PHPRC
#PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN=6
exec /usr/bin/php5-cgi

any ideas?

#!/bin/sh

# Kill all old process
umask 022
export PHPRC
PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN=6
export PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN
exec /usr/bin/php4-cgi

Sad

changed

to

Site off-line

Debian Etch
Drupal version 6.2x
PHP4 V 4.4.4
PHP5 V 5.2.0

Any suggestions?

Rob...
Montreal, Canada
05-14-2008 03:01 AM