Current time: 05-17-2024, 04:43 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

what ns to use ?
kob3 Offline

what ns to use ?
i'm really newbie in ispcp .
So i've installed it on ubuntu - no problems . But under installing was asking for a domain , i've entered a domain which is mine but at the domain control panel what nameserver's i need to use ?
10-07-2008 10:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeNe Offline
Moderators

RE: what ns to use ?
The best would be you use the NS from your Hoster/Provider.

Greez BeNe
10-07-2008 11:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kob3 Offline

do you mean my ip adress ?
10-07-2008 11:22 PM
four2theizz0 Offline

well you will need to learn a little more about dns.
It depends on where you are hosting, if you bought your hosting from a place like godaddy or dreamhost...just use their dns and that is it cuz they are alreayd pointing to your sever.
if you have set this up on your home or colocated server you will need to create your own dns servers using bind....OR use a freedns provider where you can create the A record to point to your server.
but yes as you asked you will basically need some nameservers that are pointing to the ip thta ispcp is hosted on
10-08-2008 03:20 AM
kob3 Offline

thanks for the response , this is what i want to do so i used co.cc for that A record and i made an subdomain with the folowing settings :
Host : ns1.***.co.cc
TTL : 1 day
Type : A
Value : my ip adress

now i will add ns1.***.co.cc to my domain nameservers . My questions are : do i need a secondary ns ( a secondary zone record ) ? I must remove the other ns from the domain namservers ( I have the ns1.***.co.cc and an other namerserver from an another host ) ? What i must do now to my ispcp server , i need to modify some files ?
Soory caz' i don't know so much about ispcp and linux servers but i want to learn . thx
10-09-2008 10:56 PM
kob3 Offline

thanks alot for NO response , for some days i was thinkin' that ispcp is the best solution , but now i see that it's not , because i was waiting 2 days for a response that is really simple for you
10-12-2008 05:49 AM
sci2tech Away

You really need to have basic knowledge about managing a server. Ispcp it`s suppose to help you manage your server, not manage instead you.
10-12-2008 06:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kob3 Offline

ok , i will learn about server managing
10-13-2008 03:49 AM
four2theizz0 Offline

Sad RE: what ns to use ?
(10-12-2008 05:49 AM)kob3 Wrote:  thanks alot for NO response , for some days i was thinkin' that ispcp is the best solution , but now i see that it's not , because i was waiting 2 days for a response that is really simple for you

are you $#@%#@$%#$ kidding me?!?!
you're bitching at us for not holding your hand and explaining the complete domain name system to you?

you created a ns1 A record...great, now is it pointing to a server that is runing Bind or any other nameserver software? probably not, probably just pointing to your server....
so, like someone else said if you want the easiest way and have a hosting company, just use their nameservers(usually something like ns1.hostingompany.com and ns2) and then create a record like you did before (when you made the ns1 record) except call it '*' and point it to your IP address, and then amke another one called 'www' and point that to your address as well. THEN use your hosting company's nameservers.

once you learn some more, you can look into running your own dns software on your server (which is what ispcp is setup to use) or you can use a free dns provider

ispcp is freaking amazing, its FREE....but disregarding it now because we wont hold your hand through the basics of the INTERNET is not what anyone here needs to hear.

$#%#$ ungrateful people on here
11-19-2008 05:13 AM