Current time: 05-17-2024, 12:38 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Best OS and some other questions
grg Offline

Best OS and some other questions
Hi,

i'm testing IspCP and have some questions for you:

1 - Is there anyone who is using IspCP/VHCS in production-state?

2 - On what Distro does IspCP works better (lookin at the manuals seems you have created IspCP for Debian bug FCGI has some known bugs on .deb systems)?

3 - When installing IspCP on a distro that's not Debian i have to do many steps manually, will them be integrated in the automatic installer in the next versions?

4 - And the final question: when will it be available the Stable version?

Thanks

GrG
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2008 02:03 AM by grg.)
11-28-2008 02:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

RE: Best OS and some other questions
1) yes there are some people (but remeber: ispCP != VHCS)

2) Debian 4 is the preferred platform

3) there is no official automatic installer, if you know your "other distro" very well, you should not have big problems.

4) haha... good question with the one and only answer: it's done when it's done...

/J
11-28-2008 02:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sci2tech Away

(11-28-2008 02:02 AM)grg Wrote:  1 - Is there anyone who is using IspCP/VHCS in production-state?
Search the forum, it`s a thread about this. I use ispcp on one server
(11-28-2008 02:02 AM)grg Wrote:  2 - On what Distro does IspCP works better (lookin at the manuals seems you have created IspCP for Debian bug FCGI has some known bugs on .deb systems)?
My opinion: Best distro is Debian (ispcp is developed on Debian). But I recommand Lenny not Etch (witch has some problems like php 5.2.0 that do not work well with fastcgi).
(11-28-2008 02:02 AM)grg Wrote:  3 - When installing IspCP on a distro that's not Debian i have to do many steps manually, will them be integrated in the automatic installer in the next versions?
If we find mantainers for that distro that can help, yes.
(11-28-2008 02:02 AM)grg Wrote:  4 - And the final question: when will it be available the Stable version?
As soon as possible Wink
11-28-2008 02:26 AM
grg Offline

Quote:1) yes there are some people (but remeber: ispCP != VHCS)

I'm sorry. I haven't ever used VHCS, but i noted some similar pages in the demo so i told that. Can you please give me some links of provider using ISPCP on large evinronment please?

Quote:3) there is no official automatic installer, if you know your "other distro" very well, you should not have big problems.

Yes i know. Maybe i can do a simple .sh script that does all the tutorial says to help newbyes. Anyway, i know that now there isn't any automatic installer, but for in future?

Quote:4) haha... good question with the one and only answer: it's done when it's done...

I'm using ISPCP on a server in production-state, but it has only 4 domains. So i haven't been able to find any bug at the moment. But i don't want to find them when using it on a server whit 5/6000 sites! I think i have to wait for the stable relase, any advice about this?

I also noticed that after adding an account, if i try to reload the account managment page i get a connection lost problem. Does it do an apache graceful or a restart?

Last question (at least, last question in this post Smile): can i automatically enable all placed orders? (the best solution will be enable them as soon as an user finish the registration, but if it is so difficult i can also use cron)

Thanks
11-28-2008 02:30 AM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

1) see http://www.isp-control.net/forum/showthr...p?tid=1028
the base of ispCP was VHCS but there were alot of changes in the last 2 years

3) I dunno... the installation is not that complex. An isp technician should be able to follow and do it...

4) with RC6 there is a bug with mailboxes&forwards (small patch), without changes you'll run into problems with more than about 220 domains. Should be better in RC7.

Last) you can change the code :-)
11-28-2008 02:51 AM
grg Offline

Quote:1) see http://www.isp-control.net/forum/showthr...p?tid=1028
the base of ispCP was VHCS but there were alot of changes in the last 2 years

Thanks

Quote:3) I dunno... the installation is not that complex. An isp technician should be able to follow and do it...

And in fac i can do it Smile I was just thinking about newbyes!

Quote:4) with RC6 there is a bug with mailboxes&forwards (small patch), without changes you'll run into problems with more than about 220 domains. Should be better in RC7.

Ok i'll look into it

Quote:Last) you can change the code :-)

Yes i know that but i don't know the code and don't think i'll be able to modify it. If there is a script called when i activate an order i can call it via shell automatically, but don't know what will be the better solution to do that. Can you please tell me what are account-creation files?

EDIT: I have another question: if i edit bind and fcgid templates, how can i rebuil all users configuration files?

Then, to switch to Php4 or mod_php5 do i have to do something in IspCP? (I've manually modified apache config file, is it ok?)
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2008 07:07 AM by grg.)
11-28-2008 02:57 AM
joximu Offline
helper
Moderators

See wiki or online doc/faq about howto rebuild the config...
11-28-2008 09:06 AM
sci2tech Away

To switch to mod_php all you have to do is:
Code:
a2dismod fastcgi_ispcp
a2dismod fcgid_ispcp.conf
chmod -vR 0777 /var/www/ispcp/gui/phptmp
chmod -vR 0777 /var/www/ispcp/gui/include/htmlpurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer
/etc/init.d/apache2 restart
Big Grin
11-28-2008 09:17 AM
grg Offline

Ok so i haven't to modify anything in ispcp.

Thanks.

I'm having a trouble whit proftpd on debian5, as soon i have a solution i'll post it.
11-28-2008 05:51 PM
grg Offline

mod_sql and mod_mysql weren't activated in modules.conf of proftpd.

I've enabled them and now it works.

GrG
11-28-2008 07:22 PM