Current time: 05-18-2024, 02:29 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

distributed ispCP on different machines
duffbeer Offline

distributed ispCP on different machines
dear all,

As some of you already wrote in this forum, I would like to distribute the ispCP to several machines (e.g. Web, ispCP_WebUI, MySQL, Mail,....)
there were some suggestions doing this via NFS shares of the configuration directories, but i thought about a different approach, by using the ispcp daemon, which handles the configuration data and reloads the webserver and so on. At the moment I am searching for the position of an interface which is usable for the service separation to dedicated machines. Of course i will have to do some enhancement to the ispcp code and i will post them to the isp repository or as a separate patch. Unfortunately, I do not have a detailed architecture description of ispcp, does it exist somehere?
Some services are easy to separate (e.g. mysql just needs an additional url), but some of the are not (e.g. HTTP) Does anybody has an idea about enhancing ispcp to allow a distributed setup (without NFS shares) ?
Thanking you in advance for your support :-)

best regards,
duffy
12-10-2008 08:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BioALIEN Offline
Public Relations Officer
Dev Team

RE: distributed ispCP on different machines
This was attempted in the past by some members. There is a page in the documentation section or FAQ section about this. Also search the forums for the attempts by various members to get this running.

I advise you to wait until v1.0.0 before pursuing this approach though.
12-14-2008 03:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply