Current time: 05-02-2024, 06:46 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ISPCP on Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy) - Things you need to know !
mfauveau Offline

Exclamation ISPCP on Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy) - Things you need to know !
Hello everyone,

Just finished what seems to be a working installation of ISPCP on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS. Didn't have the time to test a real website on it but here are the things you need to know to have a basic installation "fully" working :

1) Get a nightly build as the RC7 doesn't have all the file right for a successfull installation.

2) Make sure you execute all the command with "sudo" in front even if you are logged as root (with su) otherwise rights will be wrong when you will issue "cp" commands.

3) When you compile (5. in the doc http://www.isp-control.net/ispcp/browser...tu/INSTALL ), you need to issue the following command instead of the one in the documentation :
Code:
# sudo make -f Makefile.ubuntu install
otherwise ISPCP will compile as if you were on a Debian system and there will be a bunch of wrong paths which will make some services not work (proftpd for example don't get the right config file if you don't compile like that).

4) Even if it's suppose to be corrected in the nightly build you might need to edit the 00_master.conf file located at /etc/apache2/sites-available and at /etc/ispcp/apache

In that file, where you see :
Code:
<IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
        <Directory /var/www/ispcp/gui>
            FCGIWrapper /var/www/fcgi/master/php5-fcgi-starter .php
the next line MUST be :
Code:
Options +ExecCGI
otherwise you will get a 403 page everywhere.

5) When you get there, everything seems to work but the filemanager won't. It's because it's missing the php mcrypt module. The documentation talk about that but the instructions to fix it are wrong. Here is what you need to do :
In /etc/php5/conf.d you need to create a file mcrypt.ini with the following line :
Code:
extension=mcrypt.so
Make sure that the file has chmod 644 (otherwise the file will not be read by Apache)
Make sure that the file is also in /etc/php5/cgi/conf.d
Then restart Apache by issuing :
Code:
/etc/init.d/apache2 restart
Now the filemanager should work.

If you do that you should get a working installation. As I said on top, I didn't had the time to test a real website yet but I will do in a few hours.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2009 12:38 PM by mfauveau.)
01-03-2009 12:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wilxp Offline

RE: ISPCP on Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy) - Things you need to know !
Thanks for the info. I tried all the steps. But my filemanager still cannot work in remote machine. Got the internal server error 500. It can work when i access it at the web server machine. And when i use net2ftp.com to access my virtual dir, it works!

Any clue? Is it folder/file permissions? What should be the correct permission and owner/group for filemanager folder?
01-06-2009 04:06 PM
RatS Offline
Project Leader

By the way, I added all stepps in the INSTALL file for Ubuntu! Thank you!
01-06-2009 10:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zapod Offline

Same here.

Added mcrypt.so and the white blank page (after login) disappeared. Bit instead a Server Error 500 Message.

Any more hints?
02-05-2009 01:54 AM
kurgans Offline
Moderators

Activar mcrypt en ubuntu 8.04

sudo touch /etc/php5/conf.d/mcrypt.ini
sudo echo "extension=mcrypt.so" > /etc/php5/conf.d/mcrypt.ini
sudo chmod 644 /etc/php5/conf.d/mcrypt.ini
sudo cp /etc/php5/conf.d/mcrypt.ini /etc/php5/cgi/conf.d/
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

And filemanager working very well in ubuntu
02-05-2009 02:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zapod Offline

(02-05-2009 02:16 AM)kurgans Wrote:  Activar mcrypt en ubuntu 8.04

sudo touch /etc/php5/conf.d/mcrypt.ini
sudo echo "extension=mcrypt.so" > /etc/php5/conf.d/mcrypt.ini
sudo chmod 644 /etc/php5/conf.d/mcrypt.ini
sudo cp /etc/php5/conf.d/mcrypt.ini /etc/php5/cgi/conf.d/
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

And filemanager working very well in ubuntu

As this is described in Step 5 from the above posting, mcrypt is already enabled. The blank page disappeared and now there is a Internal Server 500 Error.
02-05-2009 10:53 PM
sci2tech Away

Please doanload and install last trunk (or last nightly build). Follow all steps from docs/ubuntu/Install file, and see if it happend again. This one is supposed to be fixed.
02-06-2009 01:19 AM
tripwire Offline

SOLVED

Good Morning,

I did everything as listed above. Clean installation w/o and errors but... but there are 'silent' errors apparently.

The installation script did install all services but Apache2 for some reason is dead on my end.

When I did this:
Quote:10. Activate php mcrypt extension for ubuntu hardy
# sudo touch /etc/php5/conf.d/mcrypt.ini
# sudo echo "extension=mcrypt.so" > /etc/php5/conf.d/mcrypt.ini
# sudo chmod 644 /etc/php5/conf.d/mcrypt.ini
# sudo cp /etc/php5/conf.d/mcrypt.ini /etc/php5/cgi/conf.d/
# sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

I got a response:
Quote:kesek@mail:/etc/apache2$ sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
sudo: /etc/init.d/apache2: command not found

The funny thing is, at first it complained that it can't find apache2.conf so, I did touch apache2.conf (an empty file but it stopped complaining). Then the error above happened.

Any ideas how to get this up and running properly?

Thank you!
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2009 02:44 AM by tripwire.)
05-08-2009 04:55 PM
tripwire Offline

(05-08-2009 04:55 PM)tripwire Wrote:  Good Morning,

I did everything as listed above. Clean installation w/o and errors but... but there are 'silent' errors apparently.

The installation script did install all services but Apache2 for some reason is dead on my end.

When I did this:
Quote:10. Activate php mcrypt extension for ubuntu hardy
# sudo touch /etc/php5/conf.d/mcrypt.ini
# sudo echo "extension=mcrypt.so" > /etc/php5/conf.d/mcrypt.ini
# sudo chmod 644 /etc/php5/conf.d/mcrypt.ini
# sudo cp /etc/php5/conf.d/mcrypt.ini /etc/php5/cgi/conf.d/
# sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

I got a response:
Quote:kesek@mail:/etc/apache2$ sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
sudo: /etc/init.d/apache2: command not found

The funny thing is, at first it complained that it can't find apache2.conf so, I did touch apache2.conf (an empty file but it stopped complaining). Then the error above happened.

Any ideas how to get this up and running properly?

Thank you!

The above situation has been resolved, my colleuge nuked the init.d apache2 startup files by mistake.

Now, I have another problem. I have the panel just about up and running, the problem, I belive, is with either php or the panel installation itself.

Instead of showing the actual webpage, I get the below
Code:
checkUpdateExists() || criticalUpdate::getInstance()->checkUpdateExists()) && !isset($_GET['admin'])) { $tpl->define_dynamic('page', Config::get('LOGIN_TEMPLATE_PATH') . '/maintenancemode.tpl'); $tpl->assign( array( 'TR_PAGE_TITLE'     => tr('ispCP Omega a Virtual Hosting Control System'), 'THEME_COLOR_PATH'    => Config::get('LOGIN_TEMPLATE_PATH'), 'THEME_CHARSET'     => tr('encoding'), 'TR_MESSAGE'     => nl2br(Config::get('MAINTENANCEMODE_MESSAGE')), 'TR_ADMINLOGIN'     => tr('Administrator login') ) ); } else { $tpl->define_dynamic('page', Config::get('LOGIN_TEMPLATE_PATH') . '/index.tpl'); $tpl->assign( array( 'TR_MAIN_INDEX_PAGE_TITLE'    => tr('ispCP Omega a Virtual Hosting Control System'), 'THEME_COLOR_PATH'     => Config::get('LOGIN_TEMPLATE_PATH'), 'THEME_CHARSET'     => tr('encoding'), 'TR_LOGIN'     => tr('Login'), 'TR_USERNAME'     => tr('Username'), 'TR_PASSWORD'     => tr('Password'), 'TR_LOGIN_INFO'     => tr('Please enter your login information'), // @todo: make this configurable by ispcp-lib 'TR_SSL_LINK'     => isset($_SERVER['HTTPS']) ? 'http://' . htmlentities($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']) : 'https://' . htmlentities($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']), 'TR_SSL_IMAGE'     => isset($_SERVER['HTTPS']) ? 'lock.png' : 'unlock.png', 'TR_SSL_DESCRIPTION'     => !isset($_SERVER['HTTPS']) ? tr('Secure Connection') : tr('Normal Connection') ) ); } if (Config::get('LOSTPASSWORD')) { $tpl->assign('TR_LOSTPW', tr('Lost password')); } else { $tpl->assign('TR_LOSTPW', ''); } $tpl->define_dynamic('page_message', 'page'); gen_page_message($tpl); $tpl->parse('PAGE', 'page'); $tpl->prnt(); if (Config::get('DUMP_GUI_DEBUG')) { dump_gui_debug(); }

It seems as if php and apache2 don't want to run together at all, pre-installation of the panel i uploaded a file for testing php and it ran perfectly. After instalation of the panel, I began getting the above errors on _all_ php files.

What should I do now, to get this running properly?

Thank you!
05-09-2009 02:43 AM
tripwire Offline

*bump*

Anyone got any ideas?
05-09-2009 05:05 PM