Current time: 05-03-2024, 10:40 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Proftpd To slow
netsec Offline

Proftpd To slow
Hi ,

i have installed ispcp but proftpd to much slow ?

i do this link step and step but not good work ftp please help me .

http://www.isp-control.net/documentation...d_issues&s[]=lenny
08-13-2009 12:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: Proftpd To slow
From the guide you linked:
Quote:No way to make it work, what next?
If -and only if- your problem is not listed here or it refuses to work after following this guide, it's time to ask for help in the forum. I'm going to tell you a secret: there are much more chances that you will get your problem solved fast and quick if you provide complete and meaningful information about it. In the proftpd case this means that you should, at least, include the following in your post:

1. Your OS/Distribution/version (for example: GNU/Linux Debian Lenny or FreeBSD 4.1).
2. Otput of the ”proftpd -n -d5” shown above.
3. Path (i.e: /etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf) and contents of the proftpd.conf file.
08-13-2009 04:04 PM
netsec Offline

i use debian lenny

Quote:dcserver.co.cc - mod_lang/0.8: binding to text domain 'proftpd' using locale path '/usr/share/locale'
dcserver.co.cc - deleting existing scoreboard '/var/run/proftpd/proftpd.scoreboard'
dcserver.co.cc - Failed binding to 0.0.0.0, port 21: Address already in use
dcserver.co.cc - Check the ServerType directive to ensure you are configured correctly.
dcserver:~#
08-14-2009 12:57 AM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

Man, you have some serius problem regarding reading comprehension. From the very same guide:
Quote:Address already in use

You get this error message if you try to launch proftpd when there's another running program that is listening to port 21. The two main reasons for this are either: (1) You have a previously launched proftpd instance running or (2) There's another program interfering, like inetd/xinetd.

The easiest method to see which program is blocking the ftp port is by using netstat. Executing ”netstat -tlnp | grep 21” will give you some output like this:

tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:21 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 10659/proftpd: (acc

On the right side of this output you can see which pid/program_name is listening on this port. If it's proftpd, try to stop the service (usually /etc/init.d/proftpd stop) and re-execute this command to check that it has disappeared. If it stays, get more aggressive by directly killing the proceess (kill -09 <pid>).

If the program shown listening on this port is inetd/xinetd, you should deactivate this service on it's configuration (very system dependant) or, even better, totally get rid of it all Wink

Once there are no processes listening on this port, you can retry executing proftpd in debug mode as in the beggining and proceed from here Smile
08-14-2009 01:07 AM
Thread Closed