Current time: 05-17-2024, 07:48 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Problem After Installation
Jahsun Offline

Sad Problem After Installation
Greetings to the ispcp community and it's developers.
First i would like to say thanks for a great control panel even though i did not get that chnace to experience it but only through demos and recommendations.

Here is my problem, let me remind you that i am a noob so please go easy.

I have debian (5) Lenny os and i follow the installation manual on this site.
fully qualified domain name I enetred sever1.mydomain.com same as debian.
ip adress i entered 192.168.x.xxx
where ispcp will run it suggest admin.server1.mydomain.com but i choose admin.mydomain.com

These are the most important ones i can remember. I also have zoneedit configured and pointing to and externel ip which i know will change soon Sad. and one more thing, i edited my /ect/network/interfaces file and changed it to static and added the ip, netmask etc.
BTW i am using Epiphany web browser.

Now after a complete installation without any errors i entered admin.mydomain.com and i get this:
Quote:“admin.mydomain.com” could not be found.

Check that you are connected to the internet, and that the address is correct.

If this page used to exist, you may find an archived version:

* in the Google Cache

* in the Internet Archive
If I enter localhost in browser i get this:
Quote:Not Found

The requested URL / was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) Server at localhost Port 80
If i enter my IP 192.168.x.xx i get this:
a rectangular box with ispcp logo to the left and sysmbol to the right with red writtings saying:
Quote:We are sorry, but the system is currently under maintenance.
Please try again later.
and a link for administrator loging. When i click on the link it takes me to ip-address/index.php?admin=1.

Please can you guys help a noob out Sad I have tried other linux distros and debian seems to work for me and i have tried other free cp but none really to my liking. Please excuse my english and thanks in advance for your time and help.

Right now i am still trying to login but i have to wait ( wrong info)
04-10-2009 11:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jahsun Offline

Cool RE: Problem After Installation [update]
OK,
i can login now and everything seems to be ok so far, but i still can not access the correct subdomain i entered for ispcp (admin.mydomain.com). I can access the ispcp login by going to my ip: 192.168.x.xxx and by going to server1.mydomain.com

This is my issue and can some one please give a helping hand to a noob? Sad, i know this might be a very easy solution for nix and ispcp experts, but for a noob as myself it is a little bit confusing i must admit that, but i am willing to learn since i kicked MS Windows to the curb about a month now Big Grin.

Any how this is the problem i'm facing.
(1) whenever i enter admin.mydomain.com in the web browser i get this:
Quote:“admin.mydomain.com” could not be found.

Check that you are connected to the internet, and that the address is correct.

If this page used to exist, you may find an archived version:

* in the Google Cache

(2) Now when i enter mydomain.com i get this:
Quote:“mydomain.com” refused the connection.

The server may be busy or you may have a network connection problem. Try again later.

There may be an old version of the page you wanted:

* in the Google Cache

Please can some one help me out these are the only 2 problems i am facing right now and i would like to move on to the manuals (admin, reseller, user & etc.). Oh, i still get the same respond stated in the first post for localhost.

Thanks again inadvance for your time and help Smile
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2009 11:30 PM by Jahsun.)
04-10-2009 11:27 PM
Jahsun Offline

Big Grin RE: Problem After Installation [Solved]
Ok, i think i figured it out now. i entered 192.168.x.xxx mydomain.com into /etc/hosts, then reboot, now i can access mydomain.com which brings me to ispcp login page. So i then tried to add ipaddress admin.mydomain.com to the /etc/hosts file, but the file was missing so i did a reboot, found the file and add admin.mydomain.com and now i can access the ispcp login page Big Grin

(1) Now my thing is, should i remove server1.mydomain.com and mydomain.com from /etc/hosts since everything in /etc/hosts points to ispcp login page? or should i leave server1.mydomain.com, admin.mydomain.com and remove mydomain.com?

(2) Correct me if i am wrong, but i think ( not sure) that:
(a) server1.mydomain.com represents the debian box, right?
(b) admin.mydomain.com represents the ispcp login page (admin, reseller, user), right?
© mydomain.com should represent the ispcp main front page with info about free, paid, etc. hosting, right?

I have started from scratch so many times and this so far has been the best setup and installation of debian and ispcp out of a few nix distros and CP's. Please can you give a hand, i just want to make sure before i go further.

Thanks again for your help in advance.Rolleyes
04-11-2009 02:24 AM