Current time: 05-20-2024, 03:15 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Postfix errors sending and such
ledoktre Offline

Postfix errors sending and such
Greetings;

I am hoping to leave a message on here in hopes someone will see this and know right off what to look at :-)

My Postfix, which I know was working fine, broke somehow, in my quest to setup SSL.

Whenever I try to send a message out, whether through webmail, or through Thunderbird, it fails, saying :

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: 4.1.2 <someone@somedomain.com>: Recipient address rejected: Domain not found. Please check the message recipients and try again.

I can send from shell, but it sits in mailq, and will not go out (with the same error). Sending from webmail or Thunderbird yield an instant error.

I have disabled the TLS part with # marks, and restarted postfix, but yet to no avail. Where's a good place to start troubleshooting this ?

Thanks,

ledoktre
05-19-2009 02:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

RE: Postfix errors sending and such
Is the user authenticated when trying to send the mail (look in /var/log/mail.log)? I think you disabled authentication when not using TLS, so now that you disabled it your users are unable to authenticate and thus their mails to external domains are rejected.

If it's not the case or you want further information, please post the relevant mail.log lines corresponding to a delivery attempt (from the "connect" one to "disconnect").
05-19-2009 03:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ledoktre Offline

RE: Postfix errors sending and such
I tell ya, I have racked my brain and racked it, but I did finally figure it out. I have no idea why this caused it, but it did. Read on...

I got to thinking about things I did recently, one of which was switching off unused services. One of them was switching off Named service, as I host my DNS outside (there is confirmation of new domains and subdomains anyway, so its a great solution for my needs).

I also use OpenDNS for dns resolution on the box itself.

Regardless of this, when I started the named service, the status page in ispcp says named still fails, however, `ps auxw` reports it is running, and both sending and receiving email works again.

Where would ispcp be configured to use local dns?

Thanks,

ledoktre
In addition, I see this is popping up :

SSL_accept:error in SSLv3 read client certificate A

In the log files. It is sending and receiving just fine now. What does this usually indicate?

Thanks,

ledoktre
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2009 04:01 AM by ledoktre.)
05-20-2009 03:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply