Current time: 04-20-2024, 01:46 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ISPCP Final today?
four2theizz0 Offline

RE: ISPCP Final today?
(10-20-2008 11:04 PM)elitepilot Wrote:  I say it german:

Mir ist mittlerweile egal wann ISPCP Final rauskommt. Ich würde mir wünschen das ein Upgrade von ISPCP RC6 auf RC7 fehlerfrei verläuft.

Wäre schön wenn das Update bald rauskommt, den es hat einige Fehler behoben. Ich würde jedoch vorschlagen öfters Patches rauszubringen ( Beispiel RC 5a). So könnte es auch schon eine Version RC6b geben.

....... :|
10-21-2008 02:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
victor531 Offline

Hi guys, I belong to the suffered tester group of this panel and I think that questions like this make no sense, really the dev team are very special people, because they work for nothing more than make the project grow, meanwhile other people like karl, just want the fruit of this hard labour. So don't worry about this kind of people because for one of them there are fifty who are waiting the stable release of this panel no matter when.

The important thing is that the development of the panel doesn't stop, therefore dev team: encourage friends !!, and continue ahead with this great project ............ we are waiting for you.

Saludos y felicitaciones a todo el equipo.

Victor
10-21-2008 10:58 AM
RatS Offline
Project Leader

Thank you victor. The biggest problem is the lack of time. And therefore a lack of organisation.

Me and my team try to give their best, but it won't even long in this hard time, where stock market collapse and banks wont give any loans. We have to grow on our own and on our customers. The customers contribution on this special topic is our benefit in future. Our next release wont be the last but the best we made up to know. We believe in our customers trust in us and hope we can fulfil their wishes on our best!

Kind Regards from Singapore,
The Project owner!
10-24-2008 01:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Karl Offline

(10-21-2008 10:58 AM)victor531 Wrote:  ...meanwhile other people like karl, just want the fruit of this hard labour.

Dear Victor,

yes, I want the fruit of this hard labour. But I would be willing to contribute -- to PAY for it if it would be released. I would like to pay (to donate or whatever) an amount of at least $100!

(10-21-2008 10:58 AM)victor531 Wrote:  ...So don't worry about this kind of people...

Maybe "this kind of people" pays the bill in the future for you and the owner of the project!

Ich habe fertig!

Karl
10-27-2008 11:09 PM
JCD Offline

In think a big problem is not meeting the deadlines. The nearer the deadline gets, the more impatient people become. Not meeting the deadline is some kind of not keeping a promise. If this happens to often, people get "angry". No one cares about the problems your dealing with, lots don't even know what's going on behind the scenes.
There's a lack of proper PR. One solution would be communicating with the people. Tell them, what's going on. Put it on the first site of the homepage. Encourage them to submit patches. Keep them up to date with the development process and the problems you encounter.

Hopefully the organization will be better after the 1.0 release. This is currently another big thing to deal with. I can speak from my own experience. I have reworked the German translation and tried to get a SVN account in order to work together with other people and to keep the translation up-to-date. I never got one and changes in the German translation were accepted from everyone. Several times I lost the track and had to diff my up-to-date translation with the one in the trunk. I decided to stop working on the translation, because my time is also limited and I don't have time to always double-check the translation file. Moreover I had no direct contact person in the dev team. All these things together make life hard for contributors.

In my opinion these two problems need to be solved asap.

Don't get me wrong, I know the situation you're in. It's a great piece of software you've created and I try to contribute as far as my spare time allows me to do that. But I also try to look at threatening danger this project is facing. If I can help you with some organizational stuff (like I told you in an email one year before), just contact me.

@elitepilot: Releasing patches more often would currently cause the time frame to burst. But it's up to you to use the nightly builds.

@victor531: Karl is one kind of customer. You have to worry about them. There may be a lot more "Karls" out there. Maybe you don't know them because they don't post here. So maybe he's not one in fifty, but twenty in fifty. As long as you don't know how much are out there, you can't say "don't worry about this kind of people".
10-30-2008 08:40 AM
alecksievici Offline
Beta Team

doesn't matter if the dev team met the deadlines or not, but there's only one more bug and rc7 is out. HOORAY!
Great job you guys!
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2008 06:17 PM by alecksievici.)
12-03-2008 06:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sci2tech Away

Also upgrade script must be updated Smile. So 2 bugs/tasks
12-03-2008 06:30 PM
alecksievici Offline
Beta Team

(12-03-2008 06:30 PM)sci2tech Wrote:  Also upgrade script must be updated Smile. So 2 bugs/tasks

heh, it's not a big deal, you'll probably fix'em in a week or so... therefore i'm very patient Big Grin and happy Tongue

PS: cu prima ocazie iti dau o bere Big Grin
12-03-2008 11:50 PM
sci2tech Away

(12-03-2008 11:50 PM)alecksievici Wrote:  heh, it's not a big deal, you'll probably fix'em in a week or so... therefore i'm very patient Big Grin and happy Tongue
Hope to manage solve in 1 week but can`t promise Smile
(12-03-2008 11:50 PM)alecksievici Wrote:  PS: cu prima ocazie iti dau o bere Big Grin
Numai daca termin saptamana asta Tongue
12-04-2008 01:13 AM
sci2tech Away

I finish my job, so when Rats will have time RC7 will be out. If you want to test update script you can download it from trunk (use svn because nightly package is not ready yet).
I only tested with debian lenny (RC6->RC7) so please to backups and please test it before we release RC7
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2008 10:11 PM by sci2tech.)
12-07-2008 10:09 PM