Current time: 04-19-2024, 07:23 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Manual lines in DNS zone file
lschafroth Offline

RE: Manual lines in DNS zone file
(11-07-2008 12:42 AM)Blondak Wrote:  I update patch for RC6 (fast check) but looks, that works.
Remeber allow "manual DNS support" in hosting plan.

Blondak

OK, I am a major unix newbie. Can I use the patch you provided as a script to do the patching or do I have to do it all by hand one line at a time? That is how I did the first one. Sad

Lannie
11-08-2008 07:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blondak Offline
Dev Team

(11-08-2008 07:41 AM)lschafroth Wrote:  
(11-07-2008 12:42 AM)Blondak Wrote:  I update patch for RC6 (fast check) but looks, that works.

Blondak

OK, I am a major unix newbie. Can I use the patch you provided as a script to do the patching or do I have to do it all by hand one line at a time? That is how I did the first one. Sad

Lannie

hi, at fast
Code:
patch -p1<  basic-dns-support-RC6.patch.txt
and you will probably need copy files from config/bind/parts into /etc/ispcp/bind/parts
11-08-2008 09:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sci2tech Away

Blondak can you do a patch against current trunk so I can merge it?
11-10-2008 01:13 AM
lschafroth Offline

(11-08-2008 09:10 PM)Blondak Wrote:  
(11-08-2008 07:41 AM)lschafroth Wrote:  

Blondak

Lannie

hi, at fast
Code:
patch -p1<  basic-dns-support-RC6.patch.txt
and you will probably need copy files from config/bind/parts into /etc/ispcp/bind/parts

It errors at line 19 says cannot find file to patch and asks for the file to patch.

Lannie
11-10-2008 12:53 PM
Blondak Offline
Dev Team

(11-10-2008 12:53 PM)lschafroth Wrote:  It errors at line 19 says cannot find file to patch and asks for the file to patch.

Lannie

Try use attached patch, or enter path to file configs/YOURDISTRO/bind/parts/db_e.tpl

(11-10-2008 01:13 AM)sci2tech Wrote:  Blondak can you do a patch against current trunk so I can merge it?

I update patch for current SVN trunk. Not tested, but patch was applied sucessfully, so i hope that works.
OK, once again Smile

Blondak

Attached File(s)
.txt  basic-dns-support-trunk.patch.txt (Size: 106.01 KB / Downloads: 119)
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2008 05:22 PM by Blondak.)
11-10-2008 05:18 PM
lschafroth Offline

The file configs/debain/bind/parts/db_e.tpl does not exist so the patch fails at that point.

Are there files I need to be copying over from somewhere?

Lannie
It appears all the files are under teh ispcp bind folder and not the system /etc/bind folder.

Do I need to modify the script to point to that folder instead?

Lannie
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2008 01:07 AM by lschafroth.)
11-11-2008 12:53 AM
Blondak Offline
Dev Team

(11-11-2008 12:53 AM)lschafroth Wrote:  The file configs/debain/bind/parts/db_e.tpl does not exist so the patch fails at that point.

Are there files I need to be copying over from somewhere?

Lannie
It appears all the files are under teh ispcp bind folder and not the system /etc/bind folder.

Do I need to modify the script to point to that folder instead?

Lannie

it depends if you want apply patch to allready installed system or to fresh system.
If you want apply to fresh, after extracting files there is "configs/debian/bind/parts/db_e.tpl", but if you want apply to allready instaled system, copy patch to /var/www/ispcp and apply there and use path "/etc/ispcp/bind/parts/db_e.tpl" and copy newly created files from folder configs/bind/parts to "/etc/ispcp/bind/parts/", and it should work.

Blondak
11-11-2008 02:48 AM
sci2tech Away

Patch work perfectly and it work great. You did a really good job. I`ll test 1 -2 days and i`ll added to the trunk. thank you for your great work and +1 to you repo
11-11-2008 08:34 AM
Blondak Offline
Dev Team

(11-11-2008 08:34 AM)sci2tech Wrote:  Patch work perfectly and it work great. You did a really good job. I`ll test 1 -2 days and i`ll added to the trunk. thank you for your great work and +1 to you repo

Thank you for your praise,
but there are few thinks, about which we must discuss, eg. competitive records, in DNS you can have more records with same name (load balancing), should we allow them? Maybe we can do more input checks (now are there only basic and if you want add specific records you must know what are you doing) , but it need discussion, so I hope that this patch will be in trunk as soon as possible.

I have installed this patch on production server, and it works Smile

Blondak
11-11-2008 03:09 PM
Blondak Offline
Dev Team

I have make basic CNAME conflict checking, requires pear package Net_DNS
Code:
apt-get install php-pear
pear install Net_DNS
patch is against patch Smile you must apply both.

Known problems:
- You cannot change CNAME record into A or AAAA record, you must delete CNAME and create appropriate record
- Allows you to create conflict record when zone is broken, or DNS lookup (against localhost) fails
11-11-2008 07:48 PM