Current time: 04-19-2024, 05:11 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Manual lines in DNS zone file
sci2tech Away

RE: Manual lines in DNS zone file
(11-11-2008 03:09 PM)Blondak Wrote:  competitive records, in DNS you can have more records with same name (load balancing), should we allow them?
I vote to allow them but ip must be checked to differ.
(11-11-2008 03:09 PM)Blondak Wrote:  Maybe we can do more input checks (now are there only basic and if you want add specific records you must know what are you doing) ,
sure we must add more checks:
Some limits that i have added:
For Cname A and AAAA dns_name must be only subnode of domain.
SRV -> dns_srv_host must be fqdn.
(11-11-2008 03:09 PM)Blondak Wrote:  but it need discussion, so I hope that this patch will be in trunk as soon as possible.
It will be Wink.
About using Net_DNS i have doubts, I think that we must to limit dependinces to minimum, but if is needed it will be added. Also I`m not a good theoretician of DNS so any help will be appreciated Wink
11-12-2008 04:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blondak Offline
Dev Team

(11-12-2008 04:26 AM)sci2tech Wrote:  I vote to allow them but ip must be checked to differ.

I think about it, and maybe we can ask user "Do you realy want competitive record? No/Yes".

(11-12-2008 04:26 AM)sci2tech Wrote:  sure we must add more checks:
Some limits that i have added:
For Cname A and AAAA dns_name must be only subnode of domain.
SRV -> dns_srv_host must be fqdn.

dns_name is allways subnode in this case.
SRV -> dns_srv_host, not sure about needs of fqdn, i think that this record will use only users, that knows how DNS works. Maybe we can check, if entered record doesnt end with dot and ask user if is it right.

I agree, next about i think is that we can allow only certain record types (eg. only A and CNAME ) per user. What do you think?

(11-12-2008 04:26 AM)sci2tech Wrote:  About using Net_DNS i have doubts, I think that we must to limit dependinces to minimum, but if is needed it will be added. Also I`m not a good theoretician of DNS so any help will be appreciated Wink

OK, i can use some shell script ( using /usr/bin/host ), if you want, but i don't known what is better (Net_DNS vs. exec), or we can import only part of Net_DNS into ISPCP.
11-12-2008 05:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lschafroth Offline

(11-11-2008 02:48 AM)Blondak Wrote:  it depends if you want apply patch to allready installed system or to fresh system.
If you want apply to fresh, after extracting files there is "configs/debian/bind/parts/db_e.tpl", but if you want apply to allready instaled system, copy patch to /var/www/ispcp and apply there and use path "/etc/ispcp/bind/parts/db_e.tpl" and copy newly created files from folder configs/bind/parts to "/etc/ispcp/bind/parts/", and it should work.

Blondak

I applied your basic-dns-trunk-patch.txt. It asked for the path to db_e.tpl about 6 or 7 times and I put in the path each time. I now have the option to enable manual DNS in the hosting plan.

When I add a domain I get:

http://webhost.adlsolutions.net/reseller...order_id=1
00000 - 1065 - Query was empty

Lannie

PS Applied this to a fresh RC6 install.
11-12-2008 06:29 AM
Blondak Offline
Dev Team

(11-12-2008 06:29 AM)lschafroth Wrote:  I applied your basic-dns-trunk-patch.txt. It asked for the path to db_e.tpl about 6 or 7 times and I put in the path each time. I now have the option to enable manual DNS in the hosting plan.

When I add a domain I get:

http://webhost.adlsolutions.net/reseller...order_id=1
00000 - 1065 - Query was empty

Lannie

PS Applied this to a fresh RC6 install.

Did you update ISPCP DB?
Log into http://webhost.adlsolutions.net/pma, open ISPCP database and execute following command
Code:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `domain_dns` (
`domain_dns_id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
`domain_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
`alias_id` int(11) default NULL,
`domain_dns` varchar(50) NOT NULL,
`domain_class` enum('IN','CH','HS') NOT NULL default 'IN',
`domain_type` enum('A','AAAA','CERT','CNAME','DNAME','GPOS','KEY','KX','MX','NAPTR','NSAP','NS​ ','NXT','PTR','PX','SIG','SRV','TXT') NOT NULL default 'A',
`domain_text` varchar(128) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`domain_dns_id`)
);

ALTER TABLE `domain` ADD `domain_dns` VARCHAR( 15 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'no';
because i do not get any error Sad
11-12-2008 04:52 PM
Blondak Offline
Dev Team

Patch "basic-dns-support-trunk-CNAME-check.patch.txt" broke somethinks, don not apply this one, if you already apply, revert it back ( patch -R ) and use this attached one.

Patch also add check if dns_name is valid (part of domain)

Attached File(s)
.txt  basic-dns-support-trunk-checks.patch.txt (Size: 3.99 KB / Downloads: 92)
11-12-2008 06:35 PM
lschafroth Offline

(11-12-2008 04:52 PM)Blondak Wrote:  Did you update ISPCP DB?
Log into http://webhost.adlsolutions.net/pma, open ISPCP database and execute following command
Code:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `domain_dns` (
`domain_dns_id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
`domain_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
`alias_id` int(11) default NULL,
`domain_dns` varchar(50) NOT NULL,
`domain_class` enum('IN','CH','HS') NOT NULL default 'IN',
`domain_type` enum('A','AAAA','CERT','CNAME','DNAME','GPOS','KEY','KX','MX','NAPTR','NSAP','NS​ ','NXT','PTR','PX','SIG','SRV','TXT') NOT NULL default 'A',
`domain_text` varchar(128) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`domain_dns_id`)
);

ALTER TABLE `domain` ADD `domain_dns` VARCHAR( 15 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'no';
because i do not get any error Sad

OH MY!!! I've redone my setup so many times I forgot to do that part again!!! Smile

Sorry!

Lannie
11-13-2008 12:38 AM
hnn Offline

Looking forward to see this Big Grin
11-20-2008 07:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kaotix Offline

This is possibly the best thing for ISPCP. It's something that i've actually been working on privately for a while and I think mine works a little better but this is still a very good effort. If I get chance I will post what I've made but most of it was done manually so I'd have to find what I did and some how make it into a patch?

Are you still developing this Blondak?
12-12-2008 04:15 AM
TXC Offline

Any update to RC7 ?
12-22-2008 02:46 AM
sci2tech Away

Updated to r1446. I did not included in RC7 because things can be easy broken by clients that do not know what DNS is Wink . But the patch is good.

Attached File(s)
.txt  patch.txt (Size: 125.35 KB / Downloads: 105)
12-22-2008 03:41 AM