Current time: 04-16-2024, 02:45 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Does ispCP support php5?
sgrebs Offline

Does ispCP support php5?
Hello, I am using vhcs2 on my dedicated managed server and I asked to my provider to change vhcs2, because it doesn't support php5 and it's a discontinued project.
Well, my provider wants me to choose the script to install, but I have not experience.
A lot of people suggested me to use ISPconfig, because it's easy to use and it's a project full of life.
I am considering ispCP too, but I don't know if it supports php5 and if it is frequently updated. I suppose changing from vhcs2 to ispCP could be very easy, but I would to be sure the ispCP project will not discontinue.

Do you have some good suggestions for me?
Thank you.
01-27-2009 09:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DiXeoN Offline

RE: Does ispCP support php5?
ispCP is, as it is now, pretty often updated (but thats mostly because its in RC state i guess)

But well, i am 99.99% sure that ispCP supports PHP5
01-27-2009 10:20 PM
sgrebs Offline

(01-27-2009 10:20 PM)DiXeoN Wrote:  ispCP is, as it is now, pretty often updated (but thats mostly because its in RC state i guess)

But well, i am 99.99% sure that ispCP supports PHP5

Ii is still in release candidate version... mmmmm...
It seems to me it's a very slow project.
Do you know when it's planned to have the final version?

I am evaluating to change from vhcs2 because I need php, mysql, java, etc... all updated to latest versions.
01-27-2009 10:36 PM
gOOvER Offline
Banned

ispCP supports php5 only Wink
01-27-2009 10:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zothos Offline
Release Manager
Dev Team

final version will be out there sooner as most of you excpect. But maybe later you want it Big GrinWink
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2009 10:55 PM by Zothos.)
01-27-2009 10:54 PM
sgrebs Offline

(01-27-2009 10:50 PM)gOOvER Wrote:  ispCP supports php5 only Wink

Why don't you publish a specific page with details about latest ispCP version and supported php, mysql, java, etc...?
It could be useful to understand the update status of ispCP for potential new users.
(01-27-2009 10:54 PM)Zothos Wrote:  final version will be out there sooner as most of you excpect. But maybe later you want it Big GrinWink

How long could be sooner or later? Smile
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2009 11:01 PM by sgrebs.)
01-27-2009 10:59 PM
DiXeoN Offline

Never ask how long time will go before the final version is out - i think the developers are getting pretty tired of all those messages..

But the newest RC (RC7) is the final version, with some smaller bugs (havent found anyone yet) and it runs pretty smooth, so i dont think that it will slow you down.

And about the speed of this project, well, the more developers helping, the faster it becomes better.. I would like to help, if my PHP skills were a bit better, and if i had the time to.

But yes, a feature page would be nice, actually dont know if it exists somewhere in the wiki or not.
01-27-2009 11:08 PM
sgrebs Offline

(01-27-2009 11:08 PM)DiXeoN Wrote:  Never ask how long time will go before the final version is out - i think the developers are getting pretty tired of all those messages..

But the newest RC (RC7) is the final version, with some smaller bugs (havent found anyone yet) and it runs pretty smooth, so i dont think that it will slow you down.

And about the speed of this project, well, the more developers helping, the faster it becomes better.. I would like to help, if my PHP skills were a bit better, and if i had the time to.

But yes, a feature page would be nice, actually dont know if it exists somewhere in the wiki or not.

Do you think I could ask to my provider to install RC7? I have a running site...
01-27-2009 11:17 PM
DiXeoN Offline

Yes, sure you could.
01-28-2009 01:04 AM
gOOvER Offline
Banned

ispCP comes out of the Box with php5 and MySQL5. Also support all what you want: Java, Ruby, etc, but you have to install it by hand.
01-28-2009 01:42 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply