Current time: 04-19-2024, 03:26 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Manual lines in DNS zone file
gnuorder Offline

RE: Manual lines in DNS zone file
(07-08-2009 08:40 PM)Blondak Wrote:  Hi, i found i "critical bug" in my patch witch cause loose of subdomains entries in DNS file while some records was created/edited/deleted. pathc included against current trunk and against 1.0.0 version.
I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused Sad
Blondak

I have the downloaded 1.0.0 tarball installed and when I tried the patches, they would not apply. I'm a little confused and reading the whole thread only made me more confused. Do I need both of these patches for 1.0.0 or just the second one? Are these the only patches I need or do I need to apply any other patches before these? Do I apply these to the source or directly to the install?

Also, it would make things a heck of a lot easier if there was a direct link to the downloads for those of us using ssh as the attachments dont provide one. It takes several steps being careful to preserve LF and EOF along the way when downloading to windows first.
07-28-2009 07:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeNe Offline
Moderators

The Version 1.0.0 is wrong!
You need a NightlyBuild or a SVN-Checkout - there are both included.

Greez BeNe
07-28-2009 04:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gnuorder Offline

(07-28-2009 04:52 PM)BeNe Wrote:  The Version 1.0.0 is wrong!
You need a NightlyBuild or a SVN-Checkout - there are both included.

Greez BeNe

Does this patch protect manual bind changes made outside of ispcp? My partner has the domain ispcp is running on set up inside ispcp and every time he makes changes inside ispcp, it wipes out changes I made manually.

In a separate but related problem, any changes to any domain adds *.mydomain.tdl back to sites-available/ispcp and I can no longer access admin.mydomain.tdl and ispcp till I erase it. Admin.mydomain.tdl is set up in 00-master.conf but that seems to be superseded. I also tried adding zz-admin.conf but that also didn't work. I tried adding admin within ispcp but was not allowed to add mount points outside the doc root. Any suggestions on this?
07-29-2009 06:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pongraczi Offline

I use the nightly build ispcp and it is working well.
Unfortunatelly some of my hosted domains has their NS servers in other place than my ispcp.

At this moment the DNS editing possibility supports only A, AAAA, MX, CNAME, SRV.
For my problem it would be nice, if this system also could support NS entries.

Is that possible to support edit NS records?

Thank you,
István
08-01-2009 07:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blondak Offline
Dev Team

(08-01-2009 07:36 AM)pongraczi Wrote:  I use the nightly build ispcp and it is working well.
Unfortunatelly some of my hosted domains has their NS servers in other place than my ispcp.

At this moment the DNS editing possibility supports only A, AAAA, MX, CNAME, SRV.
For my problem it would be nice, if this system also could support NS entries.

Is that possible to support edit NS records?

Thank you,
István

Hi,
I think that its possible with little patch, we need to comment out default NS entries in template and arrange automatic addition of default NS entries when creating new domain, no need to enable "Manual DNS support" change, next we must change UI to enable reseller/admin to edit theese records even when "Manual DNS support" is not enabled. I also think that this can be done for every entries that are now hardcoded in templates of domain and subdomain, but this need more complex patch and I don't know if is there some progress in replace current system to some DB-aware DNS, with these suggested changes we can do more tasks more easily.
Can any of admins wrote if is there some work with replacement BIND zone files to DB (mysql-bind, powerdns, ...)? Than we can discuss about changing system of DNS management.

With Regards Blondak
08-05-2009 04:36 PM
pongraczi Offline

Dear Blondak,

This seems very interesting and powerful. And useful of course Smile
Does any progress regarding in this topic? (I know, this is summertime Smile

Have a nice day,
István
08-14-2009 12:27 AM
ephigenie Offline
Project Leader
Administrators

no there's no thinking about db based dns.

we decided to stick with classic bind config (file based).
08-14-2009 02:59 AM
pongraczi Offline

(08-14-2009 02:59 AM)ephigenie Wrote:  no there's no thinking about db based dns.

we decided to stick with classic bind config (file based).

Ok, I understand this part.
Does it mean, NS records could be editable?

My opinion, if you were able to manage manual dns entries, it would be nice to extend with NS records, too.

Anyway, thank you for your work with ispcp.

Cheers,
István
08-14-2009 04:04 AM
sci2tech Away

(08-14-2009 04:04 AM)pongraczi Wrote:  Does it mean, NS records could be editable?
NS records will be editable. As a matter of facts, there is no need to use a db patch for bind or to drop bind and use another software as long as we can generare those flat files from db tables. Anyway there are some plans to extend this DNS support to allow zone delegation and some more goodies Wink
08-14-2009 04:07 AM
Blondak Offline
Dev Team

(08-14-2009 12:27 AM)pongraczi Wrote:  Dear Blondak,

This seems very interesting and powerful. And useful of course Smile
Does any progress regarding in this topic? (I know, this is summertime Smile

Have a nice day,
István

Hi,
exactly is summertime, i don't have any free time :-/, and I still doesn't setup some development environment. Does anyone have some development environment in some kind of Virtual Machine? Do you have some suggestions about setting up one, I prefer use Eclipse.
08-17-2009 08:22 PM