Current time: 04-19-2024, 09:50 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Ispcp v1.0.3 testers needed
freinhard Offline

RE: Ispcp v1.0.3 testers needed
and the upgrade script doesn't seem to work when the "$base_vhost" is a subdomain. eg i use admin.domain.tld but the script looks for admin.domain.tld.db as bind config file and not domain.tld.db
12-13-2009 11:56 AM
Find all posts by this user
Nuxwin
Unregistered

Hello ;

At first, thank you for responding to questions, otherwise, we can not help you !

What distribution you use ? Name and CodeName please ;
What is the ispCP version from which you have done an update ? ispCP 1.0.0, 1.0.2 ?

And please, install the tree program and provide us the results of following commands:

Code:
# tree -a /etc/ispcp
and
Code:
# tree -a /etc/courier

(12-13-2009 10:42 AM)freinhard Wrote:  /bin/cp -p /etc/courier/userdb /etc/ispcp/courier/backup/userdb.1260664864

failed since there is no backup dir

If the /etc/ispcp/courier/backup directory does not exist, is that you have made a mistake.

(12-13-2009 10:42 AM)freinhard Wrote:  [quote='freinhard' pid='68818' dateline='1260664959']
and then fails because it can't load authdaemonrc.system from the bkup dir
looks like the whole update script is broken concerning backuped files with a tailing $timestamp

It is obvious that if the backup directory does not exist, it can not find this file.

(12-13-2009 11:56 AM)freinhard Wrote:  and the upgrade script doesn't seem to work when the "$base_vhost" is a subdomain. eg i use admin.domain.tld but the script looks for admin.domain.tld.db as bind config file and not domain.tld.db

Normally, the regexp matches on the both name but I'll inspect it.

Cheers ;
12-13-2009 08:46 PM
freinhard Offline

nuxwin Wrote:At first, thank you for responding to questions, otherwise, we can not help you !

What distribution you use ? Name and CodeName please ;
What is the ispCP version from which you have done an update ? ispCP 1.0.0, 1.0.2 ?

despite the fact the info you asked for does not matter at all for the given problem:
debian lenny
1.0.2 => 1.0.3 most recen svn checkout from the 1.0.3 branch

nuxwin Wrote:If the /etc/ispcp/courier/backup directory does not exist, is that you have made a mistake.

mostlikely because i made a mistake and installed the broken 1.0.2 release. it's just a matter of good coding style to handle such simple errors as nonexisting target directories.

nuxwin Wrote:
(12-13-2009 10:42 AM)freinhard Wrote:  [quote='freinhard' pid='68818' dateline='1260664959']
and then fails because it can't load authdaemonrc.system from the bkup dir
looks like the whole update script is broken concerning backuped files with a tailing $timestamp

It is obvious that if the backup directory does not exist, it can not find this file.

no, if you read the code, you will see that the it will allways fail if there is no authdaemonrc.system. in case of a update/upgrade the script should read authdaemonrc.$timestamp. but since $timestamp is declared within the if-statement it can't be and isn't accessed below. ispcp-setup-methonts.pl lines 1700 and 1740

nuxwin Wrote:
(12-13-2009 11:56 AM)freinhard Wrote:  and the upgrade script doesn't seem to work when the "$base_vhost" is a subdomain. eg i use admin.domain.tld but the script looks for admin.domain.tld.db as bind config file and not domain.tld.db

Normally, the regexp matches on the both name but I'll inspect it.
thx!
12-14-2009 01:59 AM
Find all posts by this user
Nuxwin
Unregistered

In the subroutine setup_po (), there are two separate step for the update process :

First Step :

The objective of the first step is to backup the current production files (authdaemonrc userdb) if they exist in the directory /etc/courier. This step must not fail even if the files do not exist.

Second Step :

The goal of the second step is the configuration file regeneration. For this, I assumed that the user must have previously backed up file /etc/ispcp/courier/backup/authdaemonrc.system. Of course, if the file does not exist, the process returns an error.

Unfortunately, as regards the file authdaemonrc there are not many alternatives since this file is not provided by ispCP. Thus, if the user makes mistakes and that this file is not present (for some reason), we can not do anything other than return an error.

Regarding your advice to read the file previously saved in the first state (authdaemonrc.$timestamp) is a solution that can be adopted.

In fact, I did not choose this solution because I wanted to re-build the file from the file authdaemonrc.system whose state is the same as that provided by the Debian package.

For the future, I think we'll provide our own autdhaemonrc file with ispCP. This will avoid mistakes during update process.

What I do not understand is that you say on your system, the /etc/ispcp/courier/backup does not exist. But normally, it is automatically created during the make process, whether an update or installation:

State of /tmp/ispcp/etc/ispcp/courier after the make process:

Code:
ispcp:/tmp/ispcp# tree /tmp/ispcp/etc/ispcp/courier
/tmp/ispcp/etc/ispcp/courier/
|-- backup
|   `-- empty-file
|-- userdb
`-- working
    `-- empty-file

2 directories, 3 files
12-14-2009 02:06 AM
Thread Closed