Current time: 04-20-2024, 02:24 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
backup problems?
marchaos Offline

RE: backup problems?
Option --exclude=...
02-08-2010 11:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
adivor Offline

in my interest, i muse not include this dir:
/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/hyper-cache/cache

Option --exclude=... ?????? can you complete command?

thanks
02-09-2010 12:12 AM
marchaos Offline

man tar

$backup_cmd = "$cmd_tar --create --directory=$dmn_dir --$zip --file=$www_dir/$backup_filename --exclude=logs --exclude=phptmp --exclude=backups . 2> $www_dir/$backup_filename.log";

http://www.isp-control.net/ispcp_svn/tru...backup-all
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2010 12:29 AM by marchaos.)
02-09-2010 12:23 AM
adivor Offline

thanks..... i'm waiting bugfix :-)
02-09-2010 09:12 AM
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

As a proposal, what would you think about replacing the line
Code:
$backup_cmd = "$cmd_tar --create --directory=$dmn_dir --$zip --file=$www_dir/$backup_filename --exclude=logs --exclude=phptmp --exclude=backups . 2> $www_dir/$backup_filename.log";

with:

Code:
if ( -f "$dmn_dir/excludes" ) {
    $backup_cmd = "$cmd_tar --create --directory=$dmn_dir --$zip --file=$www_dir/$backup_filename --exclude=logs --exclude=phptmp --exclude=backups --exclude-from=backups/excludes . 2> $www_dir/$backup_filename.log";
} else {
}

This would allow users to create a file "/backups/excludes" with a list of files/directories (wildcards accepted) to be excluded from the backups...
02-10-2010 07:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bpratt Offline

(02-10-2010 07:20 AM)kilburn Wrote:  As a proposal, what would you think about replacing the line

This would allow users to create a file "/backups/excludes" with a list of files/directories (wildcards accepted) to be excluded from the backups...

Yes, I think that would be a great option.

There are directories that people won't want backed up regulary, i.e. their favourite CMS distribution files that are already tar'd or bzip'ed.
02-11-2010 08:09 PM
marchaos Offline

Killburn, can you add this to ispCP distibution? For first step. Later I think you can provide support to add some exclude options in GUI.
02-11-2010 08:40 PM
RatS Offline
Project Leader

If we add a function like this, than it will be proper working and manageable from the GUI by default. No fuzzy solutions any more, there are enough already inside ispCP.
02-12-2010 06:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kilburn Offline
Development Team
Dev Team

The panel (gui) can easily modify user's files through the virtual file system (class.vfs.php) as shown in the error pages editors or the "choose dir" functionality (alias/subdomain addition). Thus, implementing a gui to handle this file should be easy enough so that any "new" ispcp developer could do it.

Who wants to try? You can ask me if you have any questions in the process...
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2010 07:05 PM by kilburn.)
02-12-2010 07:04 PM
rauschr Offline

backup problems +
I get this error message every day.
I used debian etch width iscp 1.0.4.
It appeared when I upgraded to 1.0.3.1.
What the problem?
Quote:/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /var/www/ispcp/engine/traffic/ispcp-vrl-traff line 279.
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /var/www/ispcp/engine/traffic/ispcp-vrl-traff line 279.
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /var/www/ispcp/engine/traffic/ispcp-vrl-traff line 339.
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /var/www/ispcp/engine/traffic/ispcp-vrl-traff line 477.
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /var/www/ispcp/engine/traffic/ispcp-vrl-traff line 672.
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2010 07:20 PM by rauschr.)
03-20-2010 07:19 PM