Current time: 05-02-2024, 11:42 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

domain stats
sarah Offline

domain stats
When I try to show my stats, system asks me login and password... but I don't know what insert.

Can you help me?
05-27-2011 12:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aseques Offline
Dev Team

RE: domain stats
(05-27-2011 12:49 AM)sarah Wrote:  When I try to show my stats, system asks me login and password... but I don't know what insert.

Can you help me?

You should go to webtools -> Protected user manage.
There you can create users and assign them to the group stats. Those users will be able to view the statistics.
05-27-2011 06:46 PM
sarah Offline

Thanks for your reply!

Quote:[You should go to webtools -> Protected user manage.
There you can create users and assign them to the group stats. Those users will be able to view the statistics.

Where Can I find webtools -> Protected user manage???

Can you help me in more details Sad

Thanks
06-04-2011 05:06 AM
aseques Offline
Dev Team

(06-04-2011 05:06 AM)sarah Wrote:  Thanks for your reply!

Quote:[You should go to webtools -> Protected user manage.

Where Can I find webtools -> Protected user manage???

Can you help me in more details Sad

Thanks
Login as the domain owner and you'll see the options there.
06-06-2011 03:21 AM
Arcam Offline

I'll take advantage of this thread to ask a question:
Is it, or would it be possible for the admins and ressellers to be able to view the domain stats without adding them manually?
The system could simply generate the .htpasswd files with the admin and corresponding resseller access already in.
I'm asking this before making the needed changes to the code, in case it's planned for the 1.1.0 release?
Thanks!
06-06-2011 06:35 PM
aseques Offline
Dev Team

(06-06-2011 06:35 PM)Arcam Wrote:  I'll take advantage of this thread to ask a question:
Is it, or would it be possible for the admins and ressellers to be able to view the domain stats without adding them manually?
The system could simply generate the .htpasswd files with the admin and corresponding resseller access already in.
I'm asking this before making the needed changes to the code, in case it's planned for the 1.1.0 release?
Thanks!
I am adding the domains using a script (look for the link in my signature), adding the htaccess password is just another step of the script.
AFAIK the stats user is not automatically created on domain creation. I't would be a really good addition tought.
A checkbox ath the moment you are creating a new users to create the stats user with the same credentials for example.
06-06-2011 07:01 PM
Arcam Offline

(06-06-2011 07:01 PM)aseques Wrote:  
(06-06-2011 06:35 PM)Arcam Wrote:  ...
I am adding the domains using a script (look for the link in my signature), adding the htaccess password is just another step of the script.
AFAIK the stats user is not automatically created on domain creation. I't would be a really good addition tought.
A checkbox ath the moment you are creating a new users to create the stats user with the same credentials for example.

Thanks for your reply.
Yep, I've already seen your scripts when looking for an existing API.
You're right, the stats user is not automatically created with the domain, but I believe an empty .htpasswd file is.
I'll check the code, and see if I can automatically add the correspoding resseller, without making him appear in the "protected areas management".
06-06-2011 08:05 PM
aseques Offline
Dev Team

(06-06-2011 08:05 PM)Arcam Wrote:  

Thanks for your reply.
You're right, the stats user is not automatically created with the domain, but I believe an empty .htpasswd file is.
I'll check the code, and see if I can automatically add the correspoding resseller, without making him appear in the "protected areas management".
Just my opinion, but it seems to me that is better to create the user automatically, showing him on the protected area. Having hidden info always ends up giving problems when the files are regenerated or when the user paswords are changed.
06-06-2011 10:49 PM
Arcam Offline

(06-06-2011 10:49 PM)aseques Wrote:  
(06-06-2011 08:05 PM)Arcam Wrote:  

Thanks for your reply.
Just my opinion, but it seems to me that is better to create the user automatically, showing him on the protected area. Having hidden info always ends up giving problems when the files are regenerated or when the user paswords are changed.

For the final user, I agree. But I need to give access to the resseller and the ispcp admin to the domain stats, and if those to appear on the list the user (client) could, on purpose or by accident, remove the access.
06-06-2011 11:04 PM
aseques Offline
Dev Team

(06-06-2011 11:04 PM)Arcam Wrote:  For the final user, I agree. But I need to give access to the resseller and the ispcp admin to the domain stats, and if those to appear on the list the user (client) could, on purpose or by accident, remove the access.
Maybe you could have a look and what is already in place for the dns. There's a field in the database called protected. If protected is 'yes' then the domain owner cannot delete the record, I don't know if it's already working or just an internal thing to be developed further.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2011 11:09 PM by aseques.)
06-06-2011 11:08 PM